Monday, January 31, 2011

Oh babies!

So on Saturday we were hanging out with our best friends and decided to go eat lunch together.  So we went over to the A&W and got burgers and Root Beer Floats.  Muffin was not super happy with his toys, nor a napkin, and just really needed to sit on my lap and eat some bread.  So I pushed things out of his reach and put him on my lap.  He was there for about one minute before he lunged forward, grabbed the handle of my frosted mug, and dumped the whole thing all down him.  He was quite surprised at how cold it was; he has never experienced ice cream before.  He was soaked.  The diaper bag had root beer puddles in the bottom and ice cream on the straps and zipper.  The bench, and consequently my pants, were wet also.  There was root beer on the floor, the blanket, the toy in his lap, and the next booth over.  As I handed him to Hunk so I could try to clean up, he made a mad grab for Hunk's burger as well!  I guess I should get the message:
"mom, if you are eating real food, I HAD BETTER be eating it too!"  The boy loves his food.

4 comments:

  1. Oh goodness!! Jr decided to pull something similar to that the other day, while in the midst of eating he suddeny projectile vomited all over both of us. Both of us had to change clothes completely.He even got my socks. i think babies just like to make messes.
    The real question is, did you get another root beer float? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sad/funny! I meant to post this link but something weird happened.
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_-vaZU90o7Tw/S8TxpPzB04I/AAAAAAAAA5w/5p6ZztJt4rg/s1600/Soup.jpg
    Aaron drew this picture from when that happened to me when Lily was about six months. Same story- except it was soup. Why do these things only happen when it is totally inconvenient. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny and frustrating all in one! When my son Lee was just a few weeks old we took him out to eat with my grandpa (Lee's great-grandfather). Lee was a bottle baby. At one point, he woke up from his nap in the carseat and started crying. Without even blinking an eye, my grandpa grabbed Lee's bottle, unscrewed the top, and handed it to this little month-old baby like a cup. It went all over him, the carseat, and poor Lee started coughing and making this face like, "Holy cow, what was THAT all about?" We got a good laugh about it once we were all cleaned up. Good news is, kids are washable. :D

    but I too want to know if you got another RB float? Because that would be the part that really made me sad... messy kid is one thing, but take away my treat, and...

    ReplyDelete