Monday, May 2, 2011

Brilliance in a box!

Once upon a time, I had a genius idea to make myself a tiny little garden box.  Ya know, try to pretty up my poor white trash yard a little bit.  I thought it was such a great idea that I needed to brag just a little bit, since it was for FREEE!

FIRST, I scavenged a pallet (it wasn't IN the dumpster, just by it)





She's not much to look at, but just look at how BIG it is!  Its a good sized pallet, eh?


Then I went ahead and ripped off the bracing boards on the...top(?)of the pallet.  Cause they were ug of course! And I wanted a box, not a pallet so that was the most obvious course of action.


The box was a little bit shallow, so I took some of the boards I ripped off and used them to make the box deeper.


Then I just crammed some of the same leftover boards on the ends and POOF! D.U.N  done.  Please don't judge me for having a white trash yard...it's the next apartment's junk.


Its just BEGGING for dirt and veggies, don't you think?  Now, all I need is some dirt...

7 comments:

  1. You are brilliant. Seriously. I would have never thought of that. And your picture with the "not mine" with arrows had me laughing. Too funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you going to keep all the little neighobors out of it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. tazers. Gonna have to be tazesrs. Razor wire won't cut it with those kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha...I'm laughing at the "not mine" arrow too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a seriously great idea! I'm looking for ideas to de-trashify my own yard as well. Oh wait its technically a big sand box so far. The grass goes in next spring. I hope to be using this idea then too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great idea! next year i want a bigger garden, at least that's the plan...but it's been the plan for the last 2 years! i've got to settle for veggies in pots for now. what are you planning on growing?

    ReplyDelete