Wednesday, May 18, 2011

coupons?

SO, the fad thing to do right now is COUPONING, right?  What I"M wondering, is if all people who embark on the coupon journey end up like this guy.  Will couponing drive me TOTALLY bonkers?  Cause that's what it sounds like is happening to him.  Is it worth it?  Could I save 500 dollars on groceries or is this a big myth?  I don't want to attempt it if it's going to be heinously hard.  I'd love to hear from current couponers and get some tips and see if I need to jump on this bandwagon.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure if you're following my blog/reading my current couponing series, but I've been posting on this topic a lot. I admit, it is tricky, but like all things, couponing is a balancing act. Starting today at Smith's, Colgate came on sale for .88 a bottle. If you buy $10 worth you get an additional $3 off. And to top it all off, there's a .75 off coupon. So, if you had like 15 of those coupons, you could earn roughly $.15 per each. Now this is a couponer's dream come true, but I purposefully ignored it today because I didn't have the .75 off coupon, and I imagine it will sell out fast. Ultimately, we have to decide how much it is worth to us and how much we can devote to it. I find it is a fun little hobby that I can do instead of watching TV, but I have to physically restrain myself from going shopping every day or getting upset when a store is sold out. It's just not worth the emotional stress. It should be fun. If it's not, it's just not worth it!

    ReplyDelete